3 Year Old Class Programs
We offer weekly 2-day and 5-day programs for three year olds.
The 2-day program meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays morning from 8:05am-12:15pm.
The 5-day program meets Monday through Friday from 8:05am-12:15pm. In this class, lunch is provided by the parents.
These programs are best suited for three year old children who will be experiencing their first group setting away from parents and will be attending preschool for two years. Our three year olds are provided with a variety of hands-on activities. They learn to respect, work and play with others in a positive Catholic environment. Age appropriate activities will be presented to children individually, in small groups and large groups. Skills developed include listening, language development, and small motor (scissors, manipulatives, etc.) and large motor (balance beam, ball bouncing, etc.), dramatic play, creative art, literature, and music.
Our programs also provide parents the flexibility to have their child stay for an extended period of time during class days, on either a single day as needed, or on a regular basis, for an additional charge. Lunch Bunch for Tuesday/Thursday students runs from 11:15am-12:15pm. Lunch is provided by the parent. Extended Stay and Play runs from 12:15-3:00pm. After school child care is also available from 3:00-6:00pm.
To enroll in a 3 Year Old Class, your child must be three by September 1 of the current school year and be toilet trained.
- Introduce numbers 1 through 10
- Introduce eight basic colors: red, blue, green, yellow, orange, purple, black and white
- Introduce four shapes: circle, square, rectangle, and triangle
- Putting words together to form simple sentences
- Following simple directions (one step)
- Using words to describe feelings
- Using words to problem solve
- Recognizing their name in written form
- Introduce to opposites
- Counting from 1 to 10
Small Motor Skills
- Learning to hold and use scissors correctly
- Learning to hold pencils, crayons and markers in the correct position
- Introduce puzzles (6 – 10 pieces)
- Stringing beads or small objects
Large Motor Skills
- Hop on two feet
- Bounce a ball
- Throw a ball
- Learning to dress self including putting on shoes
- Learning to pick up after self (after activities and projects)
- Hanging up coat and backpack
- Learning to blow nose/throw tissue away
- Learning to use the bathroom properly/washing and drying hands
- Learning to explore all activities
- Learning to make choices
- Show and express feelings
- Using words to express what he/she needs or wants
- Learning to share
- Learning to participate in group activities
- Learns to resolve conflicts using words